Saturday, April 08, 2006

Trusting The Lord In My Life

I hope that anyone who reads this will not be discouraged by my circumstances but continue to trust in the Lord for I believe that many of us went through similar experiences. To begin with, my parents are devoted Buddhists and it took me several months before I finally decided to tell them the truth. It has been a long period of time but no matter what, God has been with me all this while. Let me begin my story.

As I said earlier, my parents are strict Buddhists and they even forbade me from going to church so I had to lie to them all this while. Until now, I do not even know whether they have finally accepted my faith.

A few months ago, I was invited by my spiritual sister, Genevie (a good sister who is dearest to me) to a New Year party. I could say that I was a skeptical Christian at that time and not a true believer. But after joining FCBC, I learnt a lot and I was drawn even closer to Him during the sanctification week. On my first day in FCBC, I realised how much He sacrificed for us. The pain was so unbearable that I even hoped to share the pain with Him.

But He told me," No, Son, I cannot let you share the pain with Me. You cannot take it. As long as you do fruitful deeds, I will be satisfied and happy.”

With this, I told him how hurt I was and so I prayed silently in my heart. I felt the presence of Him and it was indeed powerful. After that day, I became a true believer. But this peace did not last long. Soon, Satan started tempting me and told me to bring away my light from Jesus. I told him that I will always serve Jesus Christ and will always be with Him.

However, my problems are not over yet. I still need to settle my family problems. I believe that this is a test that God has set for me. Since this is a difficult test, I was bewildered at first and began to wonder why God gave me this test. Why did He have to do this to me? I shared this with one of the leaders, Joshua and he even prayed for me. I was so touched by his concern that I told God that I would accept this test and prove Satan wrong.

After struggling for a while, I decided to serve at the Young Arrows Children’s Club. The kids there brought me great distress but I do know that I have several older sisters and brothers who are concerned for me. Through them, I gradually understood the meaning of love. Until today, they have never ceased to encourage me.

After a few weeks later, I told my sister, Isabel, that I still lacked the courage to tell my parents of my newfound Christian faith. She immediately rebuked me, "How could you say THAT? He is your MASTER and you are His MASTERPIECE!" These words shook some sense into me. And to think I even contemplated moving out of my home. I shared my thoughts with Josh and he told me that I was running away from the test and advised me to wake up. I sensed an uplifting in my spirit and I decided to face my parents with faith.

During service on one Sunday, Pastor Khong told us that, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20) With this revelation, I know that as long as I have faith, God will always be on my side.

When I told my parents the truth a few days later, they became very angry. Despite their anger, I was glad that I told them the truth and nothing but the truth. For the first time in a long while, I was relieved of this guilt and felt liberated. On the night of the Livingstones 288 gathering, I was extremely touched by my brothers as they prayed for me while I cried and told God that I am so lucky to have them.

What is the moral of the story? Always have faith in God! Nothing can stand in His way! When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. In Isaiah 3:13, “The Lord takes His place in court; He rises to judge the people”. I am now serving with the Young Arrows Children’s Club and will soon be going for my first encounter camp. After that, who knows? I have plans to join TOUCHKidz and become one of the leaders there. All that I have today, I give thanks to God!

As you have read my story, let me say a little prayer for you:

“Father in Heaven, please bless these people who have read my story and wash away their sins. I believe that like the people who have spread Your name through many countries, I will also be used as a medium to spread Your name. In Jesus’s name, I pray that You will bless all of my brothers and sisters. They have given me lots of encouragement and love. Amen.”

Written by:
Flavian Kow
Julian’s 12

4 Comments:

At April 10, 2006 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, flavian. continue to delight in the wonders of God, even as you serve Him faithfully through YA, and in the future, TouchKidz. never give up, cos we have great power thru Him. and we brothers will always be around for you. =)

 
At April 10, 2006 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah Flavian, the 2nd picture is quite funny...they made you the "jar-ga" boy....haha. Write more yeah?

 
At April 11, 2006 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..."jar-ga" boi...can sae so...bel...you in msn like scolding me....use cap somemore...Zhengchang..i believe tt i will sereve nt only in YA,TOUCHKids,i even wan to serve more than this!!!Kenny,i will share more,but ty 4 your editing...>.<

 
At April 11, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Pam said...

jia you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home