Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Prepare for Conquest

The G12 Conference was a call to conquer. Today, God spoke to me in an article that reminded me that all of us need to PREPARE for conquest.

"..there are some people out here who are really great guys, great athletes but they are never able to win a race. You know I was afraid of being one of them - to always be strong, to always do good, but never win a race." - Faris Al Sultan, World Ironman* Champion 2005

As I sipped evening coffee and read the account, I was reminded of the verse in 1 Corinthian 9:24 "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."

Am I always being strong and good, but not finishing well?

I am not called to be a "show" of strength. I am called to win. Be it winning the battle against financial difficulties, against family issues, against spiritual strongholds or winning souls, I am called to win.

I love to race in triathlons, and I dream of finishing an Ironman triathlon before 30. In triathlon training, I push myself in speed work, varing the training tempo to strengthen my legs. I discipline my strides and paddling cycles to be more power efficient, training my body posture to be more aerodynamic as well as conditioning my lung capacity and rhythm to be in sync. Many a times, when I train, I go into what professional athletes call "the zone", meaning your body, mind and soul are focused to maintain a certain tempo and intensity till completion.

When it comes to conquering my arenas of life and winning souls, am I in "the zone"?

To win, start adopting a competitive posture, not a casual one.

*Ironman is the world's longest and most featured triathlon.

Written by:
Joshua Kwah
Ps Lawrence's 12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home