Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Renewed Spirit

Last Friday was our network meeting and i stepped in, feeling a bit lost. The past week of holidays was not as enjoyable as i expected it to be, with work starting. In fact, i felt far from God and very burdened by things happening around me.

Every night for the past week, i asked God, "God, are You there? are You sure You are in control?" because subconciously, i knew i was trying to be the one in control of all the situations and wanted everything to go my way. i was tired and burdened.. i was walking with the wrong strength.

I was looking forward to friday because i long for the Holy Spirit to fall afresh on me, and assure me of the Lord's presence in my life.

Longest Leg hair ice breaker game.................

As praise and worship started, i knew that in midst all the singing and dancing, i had to be still and tell God that i was wrong, that i was not to be the one taking charge. and i prayed that He will free me of any negative thoughts and that He will restore the joy and peace that i had in my heart. and i could sense the Holy Spirit reminding me that He is in control, that God wants me to walk with His strength, with a joyful spirit, without burdens and with no worries of what is going to happen in the future, because we all know that He will give us the best...

Halfway through the worship, Karen went up to share a word that God has put in her heart and she said that God wants us to stop running in our own ways, that we should start running in His strength. God wants us to know that He will walk us through the valley of darkness, that He is with us no matter where, when, what.


I felt the word was for me, though i wasnt sure, but it felt so relevant to what i was going through and as though it was a personal message from God. the little doubt of my heart vanished, when Karen came to pray for me. she knew nothing about what was happening in my life, but however, she said that she sense the word is for me and i knew it was a prompting from God..

Indeed, God wanted to assure me that the message was really from Him to me, that He wants that joyful spirit to be in me again, a spirit i once had. and He wants to remind me that He is there, doing something, though i might not see it now.. that we should all be patient and wait for His plans to be revealed.


I walked in lost, i walked out renewed and all thanks be to God.

There are times when we feel lost, feel that we are burdened, remember that God will lead us to green pastures, that He will not leave us in misery. He wants us to be happy. Let the verses Pastor Feifei shared from Psalm 23 encourage us each and every day:

" 1The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Jocelyn Tay
(Meijin's 12)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home