Thursday, July 20, 2006

July 1st Network Prayer Meeting

After seven hours at work, I was drained, both physically and mentally. I had not recovered from my cough since a week ago and my project research was due the next day. Still, I desired so much of Him. I believed that I would be blessed at the network’s prayer meeting and as it turned out, I was right.

We started off with thanksgiving. I thanked God for knowing me so well inside out. Even without verbalizing my thoughts, He knew every whisper in my heart. I thanked God for the cell, for the spiritual family that supported me through my ups and downs, for the sisters that I shared my deepest thoughts with and for the leaders that God has blessed me with.

We carried on with a short worship. Although I was not familiar with the songs, I prayed as others sang. Karen led us into praying for something we desired. Desire? My immediate desire was to serve God. Use me, God! I knew that it was not just another prayer meeting. God wanted to teach me something…but what? I searched for the answer and I prayed for the presence of the Holy Spirit to fall upon all of us.

Breaking up into our cell groups, we prayed for the people we invited for the miracle catch which was the day after. At 7pm, only one of the people I had invited confirmed her attendance. However, she was deciding between the adult service and the youth service. If she chose to attend the 9am service, I would not be able to go for post encounter class. I uttered to God that if it was His will for me to skip post encounter, I would do it for Him.

My cell sisters seemed so excited and jubilant as they shared their testimonies.

“Crystal, are you excited for God?” I questioned myself.

Yes, I was but God did not think that it was enough. He wanted more!

As Pastor talked about the Jabez prayer, he shared about Hebrews 11. According to Hebrews 11:1, “now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” It was followed by a list of people being commended for their faith. Hebrews 11: 6 says that “and without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” We moved on to Hebrews 12:1-2 which says, “therefore, we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endures the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We continued to pray for the people we invited, prayed for ourselves and the miracle catch. We repented and interceded with the Holy Spirit. My mind was flooded with names for the miracle catch. There were names of people who rejected me as well as those I lost the faith to invite again. Pastor Fei Fei then stepped out and prayed for us. She shared with us this verse from Matthew 21:“Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, “Go, throw yourself into the sea, and it will be done.”

“Faith? Is that what you are asking from me, God?” I prayed sincerely, asking God for names.

“Who do you want to me to bring? Him, her? Is this the best timing?”

Finally, God convicted me with two names. Immediately, I took faith and messaged them. I waited anxiously by the phone. My two friends expressed interest and requested for more details. Praise God! I was elated and exuberant! I urged my cell members to text their friends immediately. God works! They did not have any prior knowledge of FCBC yet they still agreed to come. God is great! Time after time, I faced rejection when I extended my invitation to others. I was discouraged, I was disappointed and I lost faith in evangelizing. However, my God is great for He knows my desire and He built my faith in such a special way that I will always remember it.

Whatever problems you are facing now, take a step of faith. We are weak but He is strong. He knows your heart and your desires. Take the bold step out of your comfort zone and be blessed!

P.S. I managed to attend post encounter class!

Written by
Crystal Yong
Meijin’s 12

1 Comments:

At August 25, 2006 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home