Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Friendship Day Special - 10th Feb 2007

10 Feb 2007 – a memorable day for me. =)

As Valentine’s Day is around the corner. We, Livingstones family organised an out reach event – Friendship Day Special!

As I stepped into magicbox, everyone was busy preparing for the event. Vocalists beautifully dressed, live band jamming resoundingly, setting up decorations, preparing goodies etc. I believe God is smiling away in Heaven.



I remember a week ago, the vocalists were having spiritual attacks, sore throat, sickness and discouragements. On behalf of them, I would like to thank you for all who prayed earnestly. Praise God! On the day itself, everyone felt better and ready to sing for God!

There was this girl, Hui Min standing at the door. A girl from Tanjong Katong Secondary (mine too) was alone. I approached her with my best smile (coz if I don’t smile I look very fierce) inviting her to join me. As we were from the same secondary school, there were common topics but most importantly she is open to share with me! Praise God!

We had ice breaker games led by Sky and Li Juan. It was very entertaining! Look at Justyn and Pauleon with their Miss Singapore Pose and the Powerpuff girls!


After the ice breaker games, it was followed by the performance by Benjamin, Jennifer, Yingchao and the live band (Junming, Eileen, Daniel, Andrew and Justyn). They sang so beautifully, maybe comparable to the angels! There were even dance steps involved. I am sure they have put in a lot of effort!


The next team of performance was by Li Juan, Sylvia, Zheng Rong and Boon Bing. They did a great job! I love the part where we have to pass the flame to one another. It was a meaningful gesture of spreading love. Although there were hiccups during the performances, God made everything fall in place.



Psalm 98:4-6
4 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;
5 make music to the LORD with the harp,
with the harp and the sound of singing,
6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn—
shout for joy before the LORD, the King.


The gang of three beside Hui Min and I were having great fun. If not for the live band, their laughters would have filled the whole magicbox!


Ahem, once again, it’s time for pastor to be on stage. Zi tan zi chang. It was so mesmerizing that I began to sing along, aloud.


We were asked to open the ‘Do not open until instructions are given” envelope. It was not the first time opening it with a pre-believer. But this time round it was different. =)

As Hui Min filled in the blanks, she pondered at the sentence.
“I have received Christ into my life ---- Yes/ No”
I asked her whether she received Christ before. She shook her head. From there I began to probe more on what she thinks of Christianity. This is where John 3:16 presentation comes in. I began to draw and explain to her about God, man, sin, death and heaven. As I was sharing, my heart began to beat faster & faster. I took a deep deep breathe and uttered a prayer, “Dear God, let the Holy Spirit guide my every word. Let her heart be open to you. Amen”

Finally, I ended with the golden question. And Praise God!!! She is willing to take the step of faith to accept Christ! Apparently, I am super excited and nervous, so I approached Meijin for support. Thank God, for this special gift.


She is the first person that accepted Christ after I shared since I re-dedicated my life a year ago. I teared quietly within. My God is faithful, my God is great. Indeed He is the author of salvation and He is mighty to save. Despite my inability, my flaws, my fears, God chose to use me as a vessel to share his love even I am struggling with many things in life. It was like an injection of encouragement for me! God has His perfect timing in everything. Just be still and trust Him. May all praises be to our almighty God!

Give me a passion for souls, dear Lord,
A passion to save the lost;
O that Thy love were by all adored
And welcomed at any cost. —Tovey


2 Timothy 2:13
"if we are faithless, he will remain faithful"

Dear friends, hang on and you will witness God’s miraculous breakthrough for you! For this is the year of VICTORY!

“Thank you Father for the lives that have been touched in one way or another. Thank you for giving us a chance to serve you and to spread your love. For you alone are worthy, you alone are wonderful. Amen!”

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.”- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Go on and spread the Father’s love this season.

Crystal Yong
Meijin’s 12

1 Comments:

At March 01, 2007 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one there... Encourage u to reach out to even more people. May the Lord use u to be the shephard to lead the lost sheep back to the Lord

Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home