Monday, February 20, 2006

My Tabernacle Encounter

The Tabernacle is where God beckons us to draw near. Each individual’s encounter with God is a unique and intimate experience that demonstrates the love and all-encompassing compassion God has for each one of us. Allow me to share with you about a revelation I received as I knelt before the Golden Lampstand.

I was walking down a dark, deserted corridor with the shroud of a mist rendering my vision a perfect blur. The walls of the corridor were constructed with stones, like the innards of a castle, cold and clammy to the touch of my hand. I was carrying a smaller version of the Golden Lampstand, using the brilliant flames from the lighted candles mounted on its seven flat bowls to illuminate the path ahead.

I felt a slight breeze brush against my face. It soon culminated into a gale, which grew stronger by the minute. I took my steps hesitatingly, unsure of whether I should continue. The flames on the lampstand flickered and as the wind intensified, two of the candles were extinguished and it suddenly appeared darker around me. I became afraid as the darkness beckoned ahead.

At that moment, as I turned to look at the remaining candles on the lampstand, I noticed that they continued to be ablaze with the same scintillating brightness from the start. I had less light to guide me but it was sufficient for me to see my immediate surroundings. Braving the unrelenting wind and the menacing darkness, I continued my journey down the corridor, clutching tightly to the lampstand.

The corridor symbolizes the passage of our lives and the darkness and mist, the constant uncertainty that we have for the future. The stone walls portray the brazen and hardened nature of the real world which lack the warmth derived from God’s love. The lampstand with the burning candles signifies Jesus as the Light of the world. The wind is a reminder of the numerous difficulties and setbacks we encounter in our lives.

More often than not, life can be a cold and lonely journey and we always fear for our future. Sometimes, we experience turmoil in our lives and in the midst of our struggles, we may feel that God’s guiding light has diminished or is totally absent. We may succumb to fear, feel a sense of loss and even depression. However, God wants to tell us that no matter who we are and what we encounter in life, he will always be the light that shines with the same exuberance. He walks with us through the ups and downs in our lives. The God we pray to today will always be the same loving and compassionate God we honour tomorrow.

“He is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth.” 2 Samuel 23:4

May He always be the Light of the world, our greatest source of strength and wisdom. Praise be to God!

Written by:
Kenny Tan
Joshua's 12

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Pauleon said...

yes. He's the light onto my feet. so sometimes u might think "how come so dim??", but actually God's there illuminating your path. =]

 
At January 15, 2010 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I assume nice post. Especially the designation attracted me to read the sound story.

 
At January 18, 2010 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home